Skip to main content

BASIC FINANCE FOR MILLENIALS

START RIGHT!
BUILD A STRONG FOUNDATION IN AN EARLY STAGE.

(Disclaimer: The things I'm sharing now are from the books I've read and seminars I've attended. Just to clarify I am not an expert, I just want to share what I've learned. (NO HATE GUYS, JUST LOVE)

FINANCE - management of a supply of money
1. TIME IS GOLD - SPEND IT WISELY. 


Dollar glass

This stage in your life is the best time to start EDUCATING YOURSELF. Learn from your past mistakes and also learn from the people around you.

Think of this: 
I know at this stage, andyan yung mga barkada na lagi nagaaya ng night out, labas dito, inom doon and kinabukasan pag may hangover mapapashit na lang tayo at sasabihing di na uulit. Hanggang sa maging cycle na,di na uulit pero ulit-ulit pa din and what will you gain in that cycle? Probably disease  and also utang kung puro gimik na lang lagi. Think of all the time you could have spend trying to improve yourself. Remember in life you are either growing or dying. SO STRIVE TO BE BETTER EVERYDAY!

Another one to ponder 🤔
Do you model the people around you? Di nagtapos si tatay ok lang naman pala maging tambay, and so ginaya mo si tatay mo without thinking that times change. (Pero for sure si satay pinipilit ka magaral) Na sa panahon nila hirap talaga makapagaral. Tapos ginaya mo tatay mo and ganun na nga naging kagaya ka nya. Hanggang dun na lang ba yun? Sayang lahat ng potentials mo! Think of your future! Sabi nga do something today that your future self will thank you for. 

ALWAYS ALWAYS EDUCATE YOURSELF. KNOWLEDGE IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN HAVE. 

2. SPEND LESS AND EARN MORE.
Know how to budget. Track all the ins and outs ut.
When I started getting pay check I have these lot of things I want to buy. I want to buy this and that. I want to try this and that. I want to eat here and there. And so ubos sahod kada buwan. Laging gipit. Dahil nga continuous cycle lang I thought bat ganun. What can I do para di na maulit yun?



And so my solution is: INCOME - SAVINGS = EXPENSES
I pay myself first. I set aside a specific amount para sa future self ko. So yung natitira na lang for my expenses ang ibabudget ko. If I still want to eat out or treat myself I still can do as long as pasok sa budget.

PS: I'M A BELIEVER NA YOU CAN GET ANYTHING YOU WANT IN LIFE. This is to say na if you want more, you better work more. Gusto mo magtravel and at the same time makapagsave then EARN MORE para ma afford mo. EARN MORE by doing side jobs or adding another source of income.


3. SAVE FOR THE RAINY DAYS.
You should know by now that life is unpredictable. So you better save at least 3 - 6 months of your expenses for the just in case events. Better be an ant who saves  during the sunny days.

IKANGA 'KAPAG MAY ISINUKSOK MAY MADUDUKOT' (Nu daw? Hahaha)




4. YOU ARE YOUR GREATEST ASSET. SECURE YOURSELF.
Get all the necessary insurance. For all the what ifs and risks in life.


For example, you're the breadwinner of your family and you got sick/got into accident or worst case scenario you die, what will you do, what will happen to your family?
Insurance is a means of protection. Proteksyon mo in case you got sick or maaksidente ka and protection mo din for your family in case mawala ka. It is also a form of risk management.

There are lot of different kinds of insurance nowadays. Get one for your need.



5. INVESTING IS NOT GAMBLING.
We all want to grow our money. But investing should not be so risky. Learn the investment first. EDUCATE yourself.


HONESTLY SPEAKING IT'S HARD TO SAVE MONEY. Kaya dapat yung pagiinvestan natin sa pera natin is safe and may return.

Think about this.
Early age nga natuto ka na magsafe, dami mo na ipon pero hindi ka nag-iinvest kasi natatakot ka kasi nga risky. Not knowing na yung pera mo sa bangko kinain na ng inflation. Yung value ng power mo nagdedecrease as time passes by. And to get along with that you have to LEARN HOW TO INVEST.

INVEST TO GROW YOUR MONEY!
INVEST TO BEAT INFLATION!




Thank you for reading this! Did you learn anything from this post? Comment down below your thoughts.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sailing ⛵️ around Singapore Island 🌴 with Yacht 🛥 Getaways

Sailing ⛵️ around Singapore Island 🌴 with Yacht 🛥 Getaways It’s always been my dream to ride a yacht and party  🎉  like a star in the movie.  ✨ Wish granted by White Sails Sg! I just love how  Whitesail  are always so kind and accommodating. And the hosts are all Filipino so we just kinda vibe. And I get to drive/manoeuvre it. Plus all the funny story that Kuya experienced that they shared to us. We sailed around Singapore and then went to Lazarus Island. The sunset  🌅  is so spectacular. It felt so special! Creating new memories and sharing experiences with my friends. Eating  🍽  with such a beautiful view is just so amazing!  Singing along while cruising. The wind and the waves are so playful but also relaxing. It just felt like it’s blowing away all my weariness and troubles while the sunset is making me smile like it’s promising a better tomorrow.  Overall, it’s a super n...

MY BRACE EXPERIENCE

This is me back when I don't have braces. I have two pangil. It was really awkward for me to smile back then. So it's either nguso or no ipin style for me. I've waited talaga na magkawork ako so I can save money to have braces. Having a braces was my ultimate dream since high school. I was bullied for having pangil! People always tell me if I'm a vampire or what. So when I get a job, I really tried my best to save up. Pero kasi since I now have a job that means also that I have to live on my own. Lahat ng gastos sakin. Wala ka ng mahingan ng suporta since ikaw may work, ikaw pa hihingan. Anyway, back to the topic. It happened when I go to a clinic kasi yung ngipin ko na may pasta dati natanggal yung pasta. So pinacheck ko if pwede pa ulit pastahan kasi bagang yun eh. So the dentist said na pwede naman daw.Papasta naman ako and tanong tanong kay dentist how much pabrace sa kanya. And then there without any dental xray, nilagyan nya ko ng upper brace! For on...

LOOKBOOK 1: TOPSHOP BLACK DRESS

OOTD (Cute and classy office attire) I really prefer wearing dress in the office or even going out, for me its just so easy to wear. No mix and match needed. The only thing to consider is the shoes, but you can never go wrong with black shoes. Hahaha This dress is from TOPSHOP. I really like it because the fabric is stretchable, thus making it comfortable to wear.  The design is pretty plain actually, it just black and white square but afar it have this kind of illusion in the eyes. My accessories are just my rings  and simple earrings. Wearing my oh-so favourite black shoes with laces from PAZZION. Hopefully you can see it here that the design is black and white square. Hahaha So this is me feeling like a model. Hmmm (pwede na ba?)   Did you like my outfit? Do you have any suggestions regarding this post? Share your thoughts in the comment box below! Don't forget to subscribe and follow me on my socials! Mwah

Travel Diary: Chinese Garden

Hi guys! So last week I went to Chinese Garden. This place is so instagrammable worthy.  Chinese Garden is a park in Jurong East.  The main characteristic is the integration of splendid architectural features with the natural environment. It is so peaceful and relaxing. Who would have thought it is in Singapore, one of the busiest country in the world. Photos taken at the Red Bridge entrance of the garden.  Upon approaching the garden, there is a Red Bridge that will lead you in. This Red Bridge symbolises good luck and is an auspicious colour for the Chinese. (Wikipedia) (I really wish it brings good luck to me! I can feel it! Hahaha) Entrance in the 'Ru Yun T'a. The ‘Ru Yun T’a) (7-storey pagoda) is situated on a small  hill  in the Chinese Garden. Its typical pagoda design follows the style of  Ling Ku Temple  Pagoda at  Nanjing . ( Wikipedia) Photo taken inside the Pagoda Next stop...

10 Things I learned From being an OFW

10 THINGS I LEARNED BY BEING AN OFW Arrival at SIN I've been an OFW for almost 2 years already and I can say I've learned a lot about life and about myself. What I want for the future and for my family. Without further a do lets get to it. 1. INDEPENDENCE - Going abroad you are basically always on your own. I've learned to cook for myself, decide for myself. Think things for myself without depending on anyone's opinion. Coz way back in the Philippines I'd still have to consider my brother's opinion or my relative's opinion, stuff like that. 2. OPEN MINDED - I become more willing to consider new ideas. Being in a foreign country open a whole lot of new opportunities, and it makes me see things differently. 3. POSITIVE/OPTIMISTIC - Hmmm how to put it, see when I started working abroad, at first it's pretty scary coz everything is new, but later when I already get used to it, I've adjusted myself it gives me a lot of confidence and certain...

COVE HAIRLAB DEEP CLEANSE THERAPY (REVIEW)

Healthy long hair starts with a healthy scalp. As you may all know, I really love my long hair and I would love to keep it long until I grow old. However, with my long hair and almost monthly touch ups (coz my hair is bleached and coloured), my scalp isn’t as healthy as I would like it to be.   Being totally honest, I often neglect my scalp, so when Sample Store invited me to experience Cove Hairlab   Deep Cleanse Scalp Therapy, I was really excited! Cove Hairlab (by Cove Aesthetics) has doctor-designed hair and scalp treatments to combat hair loss, regain hair strength and defy grey hair. I am so thankful to Amber (Scalp Expert) for enlightening me with regards to my scalp and for sharing a lot of tips on how I can keep my scalp healthy. Cove Entrance Cove Hairlab has a very relaxing ambience. Doesn't really feel clinic-y at all and the staffs are all nice and friendly.  Medispa's ambience So lately I've been seeing a lot of white st...

RAMPAGE (Movie Review)

April 24, 2018 So last night I watched Rampage. I actually like the lead role which is THE ROCK! Fun fact: I love action movies. 😍 And I like science also. Ganda ng story. It started sa experiment ng isang company. Yung lab nila nasa outer space. And then yung experiment nila successful nga. Genetic editing ginagawa nila na inexperiment nila sa mga animals. And ayun na nga successful na nga experiment kaso yung mga lab sample nila naging monster na. So yung isang girl tatakas na sana sya pabalik ng earth dala mga sample drug kaso inattack sya nung monster rat 🐀. Nakasakay naman sya sa capsule kaso nga lang sira na yung capsule so sumabog sya tsaka yung mga sample drug sa earth. Dito na papakita si the rock na nagaalaga ng mga animals. May alaga sya gorilla 🦍 name nya George. Tapos nasakto dun napunta mga sample drug. Kay george gorilla 🦍, tapos sa wolf 🐺, and sa crocodile. Super intense ng scenes. Action talaga kung action. Dahil nag sa genetic editing yung mga animal...

ARE WE THERE YET? ( MY ENDLESS RANT ON MT. PINATUBO HIKING )

So the meeting place is in Ayala triangle. We wake up 12:30 am because the call time is 2 am in Makati. And can I say that I saw my highschool crush there? As in! It was epic! But I guess he doesnt recognize me. Its still dark chosss Asa naman ako na kilala niya ko. Hahaha Tama na sa segway! Pero ang pogi talaga ni AA! Like hindi man lang nabawasan kagwapuhan niya. I SHOULD STOP.. Here is his pic na ninakaw ko lang sa FB niya (stalker mode). HIHIIHI Kulang sa justice tong picture niya pero keribels lang. THATSSMILETHOUGH Enough of that.. So sakay na kami ng van pa north. Anyway, akyat for a cause kasi yung samin and marami kami so yung binayaran lang namin is P2050 each. Tapos kay Aling Sonya kami. What else ang tagal po ng pinaghintay namin kasi late si Aling Sonya at ang daming waiver ekek pa. Mahal po mag cr dun. P10 ihi P15 dumi P50 shower like hell! Namulubi talaga ako sa cr. Then ang layo layo layo ng lakad kasi sira yung daanan ng 4x4..Kainissssssss! Almost 8 km yung nilakad nam...

CHINESE GARDEN

ALL ABOUT ME

So this is the first thing that I will post. This blog is all about me, what I thinks and kung anong trip ko lang sa buhay. My name is Janeen. Hmmm I know I'm weird. But it's kinda in a good way naman. I honestly do'nt like to be popular kaya I'm doing this. It's just that I want this blog to kinda be my diary. Kwento ng buhay ko tsaka mga ideas na pumapasok sa utak ko. So ayun lang. ( I know naman no one will notice this kaya I know its safe to keep my secret here. Teehee ) This pic is taken nung college pa ko. Im working as a call center back then tapos nagpunta kami sa salon ng friend ko na malapit lang sa school namin. Wala talaga akong maisip na ipapagawa sa buhok ko so I'm just messing around the parlor and with the beautician while my friend is getting her hair colored. Tapos ayun sabi ng parlorista na i try ko daw ang ombre tapos ginatungan pa ng friend ko. Ayun napasubo tuloy ako, Tapos after I post this pic galit na galit sina kuya. So wala pa...