Skip to main content

10 Things I learned From being an OFW

10 THINGS I LEARNED BY BEING AN OFW

Image may contain: 3 people, including Parish Cantos, people smiling, people standing
Arrival at SIN


I've been an OFW for almost 2 years already and I can say I've learned a lot about life and about myself. What I want for the future and for my family. Without further a do lets get to it.

1. INDEPENDENCE - Going abroad you are basically always on your own. I've learned to cook for myself, decide for myself. Think things for myself without depending on anyone's opinion. Coz way back in the Philippines I'd still have to consider my brother's opinion or my relative's opinion, stuff like that.

2. OPEN MINDED - I become more willing to consider new ideas. Being in a foreign country open a whole lot of new opportunities, and it makes me see things differently.

3. POSITIVE/OPTIMISTIC - Hmmm how to put it, see when I started working abroad, at first it's pretty scary coz everything is new, but later when I already get used to it, I've adjusted myself it gives me a lot of confidence and certainty about the future. Like my dreams and goals become bigger and brighter.

4. FLEXIBLE - Living in a foreign land with foreign people you have to be pretty flexible. (Isn't it funny they think of you as foreigner as well?Hahaha) You have to blend in with them so that you'll understand each other.

5. CONTINUE LEARNING - I've learned education doesn't end when you finish school. It's a lifelong process. I got this feeling like I can also do that, I can try to do that, I want to experience things like that as well.

6. BE HEALTHY - You can't afford to get sick abroad, and so you have to take care of yourself coz no one will also take care of you.

7. SAVING MONEY (THINK FOR LONG TERM) - I'm still in the process on this one because all the people way back home always think that you have a lot of money to give away. But really, those money is all your time and hardwork and effort.  We can't get back that time so we have to be wise on our money.

8. BE HAPPY - I learned to be happy in simple and little things. Being an OFW makes me appreciate life. How lucky I am to be finally here, work here and stuff like that.

9. SHARE/CONTRIBUTE - I've learned sharing is caring. If I can help someone in any way, I'll  helped, but you have to be careful also on whom you help (kasi mahirap na baka imbes na matulungan mo sila maging asa na lang sila sayo) coz people become lazy if they know that you'll always help them out. There's an old saying "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you've fed him for a lifetime."

10. BE GRATEFUL TO PAPA GOD - I've become more thankful to Papa God for everything that He has given me. For all the blessings in my life, for all the trials I've been through.


Comments

  1. Get yours Magic Atm Card from Crown tecnology today and Become rich Whatsapp: +12134218707  

    I got my already programmed and magic ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $2,500 daily for a maximum of 1 year. I am so happy about this because i got mine last month I have used it to get $30,000. Mrs Christy is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but itis something nice . And no one gets caught when using the card. 

    Get yours Blank Atm Card from crown tecnology today and Become rich email atm.tecnology@ gmail. com  

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sailing ⛵️ around Singapore Island 🌴 with Yacht 🛥 Getaways

Sailing ⛵️ around Singapore Island 🌴 with Yacht 🛥 Getaways It’s always been my dream to ride a yacht and party  🎉  like a star in the movie.  ✨ Wish granted by White Sails Sg! I just love how  Whitesail  are always so kind and accommodating. And the hosts are all Filipino so we just kinda vibe. And I get to drive/manoeuvre it. Plus all the funny story that Kuya experienced that they shared to us. We sailed around Singapore and then went to Lazarus Island. The sunset  🌅  is so spectacular. It felt so special! Creating new memories and sharing experiences with my friends. Eating  🍽  with such a beautiful view is just so amazing!  Singing along while cruising. The wind and the waves are so playful but also relaxing. It just felt like it’s blowing away all my weariness and troubles while the sunset is making me smile like it’s promising a better tomorrow.  Overall, it’s a super n...

LOOKBOOK 1: TOPSHOP BLACK DRESS

OOTD (Cute and classy office attire) I really prefer wearing dress in the office or even going out, for me its just so easy to wear. No mix and match needed. The only thing to consider is the shoes, but you can never go wrong with black shoes. Hahaha This dress is from TOPSHOP. I really like it because the fabric is stretchable, thus making it comfortable to wear.  The design is pretty plain actually, it just black and white square but afar it have this kind of illusion in the eyes. My accessories are just my rings  and simple earrings. Wearing my oh-so favourite black shoes with laces from PAZZION. Hopefully you can see it here that the design is black and white square. Hahaha So this is me feeling like a model. Hmmm (pwede na ba?)   Did you like my outfit? Do you have any suggestions regarding this post? Share your thoughts in the comment box below! Don't forget to subscribe and follow me on my socials! Mwah

Travel Diary: Chinese Garden

Hi guys! So last week I went to Chinese Garden. This place is so instagrammable worthy.  Chinese Garden is a park in Jurong East.  The main characteristic is the integration of splendid architectural features with the natural environment. It is so peaceful and relaxing. Who would have thought it is in Singapore, one of the busiest country in the world. Photos taken at the Red Bridge entrance of the garden.  Upon approaching the garden, there is a Red Bridge that will lead you in. This Red Bridge symbolises good luck and is an auspicious colour for the Chinese. (Wikipedia) (I really wish it brings good luck to me! I can feel it! Hahaha) Entrance in the 'Ru Yun T'a. The ‘Ru Yun T’a) (7-storey pagoda) is situated on a small  hill  in the Chinese Garden. Its typical pagoda design follows the style of  Ling Ku Temple  Pagoda at  Nanjing . ( Wikipedia) Photo taken inside the Pagoda Next stop...

COVE HAIRLAB DEEP CLEANSE THERAPY (REVIEW)

Healthy long hair starts with a healthy scalp. As you may all know, I really love my long hair and I would love to keep it long until I grow old. However, with my long hair and almost monthly touch ups (coz my hair is bleached and coloured), my scalp isn’t as healthy as I would like it to be.   Being totally honest, I often neglect my scalp, so when Sample Store invited me to experience Cove Hairlab   Deep Cleanse Scalp Therapy, I was really excited! Cove Hairlab (by Cove Aesthetics) has doctor-designed hair and scalp treatments to combat hair loss, regain hair strength and defy grey hair. I am so thankful to Amber (Scalp Expert) for enlightening me with regards to my scalp and for sharing a lot of tips on how I can keep my scalp healthy. Cove Entrance Cove Hairlab has a very relaxing ambience. Doesn't really feel clinic-y at all and the staffs are all nice and friendly.  Medispa's ambience So lately I've been seeing a lot of white st...

MY BRACE EXPERIENCE

This is me back when I don't have braces. I have two pangil. It was really awkward for me to smile back then. So it's either nguso or no ipin style for me. I've waited talaga na magkawork ako so I can save money to have braces. Having a braces was my ultimate dream since high school. I was bullied for having pangil! People always tell me if I'm a vampire or what. So when I get a job, I really tried my best to save up. Pero kasi since I now have a job that means also that I have to live on my own. Lahat ng gastos sakin. Wala ka ng mahingan ng suporta since ikaw may work, ikaw pa hihingan. Anyway, back to the topic. It happened when I go to a clinic kasi yung ngipin ko na may pasta dati natanggal yung pasta. So pinacheck ko if pwede pa ulit pastahan kasi bagang yun eh. So the dentist said na pwede naman daw.Papasta naman ako and tanong tanong kay dentist how much pabrace sa kanya. And then there without any dental xray, nilagyan nya ko ng upper brace! For on...

How to be a blogger?

I really wanted to be a blogger. But the thing is I don't have the courage to post and I don't have the money to buy things. But I will do my best. I am still struggling with this blog. I really don't know what to post. Should I stick with fashion? But I want to share my other thoughts and regarding beauty? I guess I should label everything right. Hmmm I should also promote my blog. What to do? Think, think, think!

RAMPAGE (Movie Review)

April 24, 2018 So last night I watched Rampage. I actually like the lead role which is THE ROCK! Fun fact: I love action movies. 😍 And I like science also. Ganda ng story. It started sa experiment ng isang company. Yung lab nila nasa outer space. And then yung experiment nila successful nga. Genetic editing ginagawa nila na inexperiment nila sa mga animals. And ayun na nga successful na nga experiment kaso yung mga lab sample nila naging monster na. So yung isang girl tatakas na sana sya pabalik ng earth dala mga sample drug kaso inattack sya nung monster rat 🐀. Nakasakay naman sya sa capsule kaso nga lang sira na yung capsule so sumabog sya tsaka yung mga sample drug sa earth. Dito na papakita si the rock na nagaalaga ng mga animals. May alaga sya gorilla 🦍 name nya George. Tapos nasakto dun napunta mga sample drug. Kay george gorilla 🦍, tapos sa wolf 🐺, and sa crocodile. Super intense ng scenes. Action talaga kung action. Dahil nag sa genetic editing yung mga animal...

ARE WE THERE YET? ( MY ENDLESS RANT ON MT. PINATUBO HIKING )

So the meeting place is in Ayala triangle. We wake up 12:30 am because the call time is 2 am in Makati. And can I say that I saw my highschool crush there? As in! It was epic! But I guess he doesnt recognize me. Its still dark chosss Asa naman ako na kilala niya ko. Hahaha Tama na sa segway! Pero ang pogi talaga ni AA! Like hindi man lang nabawasan kagwapuhan niya. I SHOULD STOP.. Here is his pic na ninakaw ko lang sa FB niya (stalker mode). HIHIIHI Kulang sa justice tong picture niya pero keribels lang. THATSSMILETHOUGH Enough of that.. So sakay na kami ng van pa north. Anyway, akyat for a cause kasi yung samin and marami kami so yung binayaran lang namin is P2050 each. Tapos kay Aling Sonya kami. What else ang tagal po ng pinaghintay namin kasi late si Aling Sonya at ang daming waiver ekek pa. Mahal po mag cr dun. P10 ihi P15 dumi P50 shower like hell! Namulubi talaga ako sa cr. Then ang layo layo layo ng lakad kasi sira yung daanan ng 4x4..Kainissssssss! Almost 8 km yung nilakad nam...

ALL ABOUT ME

So this is the first thing that I will post. This blog is all about me, what I thinks and kung anong trip ko lang sa buhay. My name is Janeen. Hmmm I know I'm weird. But it's kinda in a good way naman. I honestly do'nt like to be popular kaya I'm doing this. It's just that I want this blog to kinda be my diary. Kwento ng buhay ko tsaka mga ideas na pumapasok sa utak ko. So ayun lang. ( I know naman no one will notice this kaya I know its safe to keep my secret here. Teehee ) This pic is taken nung college pa ko. Im working as a call center back then tapos nagpunta kami sa salon ng friend ko na malapit lang sa school namin. Wala talaga akong maisip na ipapagawa sa buhok ko so I'm just messing around the parlor and with the beautician while my friend is getting her hair colored. Tapos ayun sabi ng parlorista na i try ko daw ang ombre tapos ginatungan pa ng friend ko. Ayun napasubo tuloy ako, Tapos after I post this pic galit na galit sina kuya. So wala pa...